Monday, February 2, 2009

A Sleepless Night

I have not been able to sleep for the past two nights for an unexplainable reason. This used to be the norm for me but I actually sleep pretty well out here in Virginia. Since I hate laying in bed thinking about how much I wanted to sleep I thought I would just fill ya'll in on my weekend.

Friday night we went to a birthday party at Beanie's house for her niece. It was your typical family party-loud conversation, witty banter, junk food, cake, and some sleeping on the couch. The only weird part about it was it wasn't even my family but it felt like it was. After spending years of trying to come up with crazy things to do on the weekend it is nice to relax. Afterward, Miranda and I played with our neighbors cat named Fats for an hour and turned in early....

Saturday I awoke with the anticipation of finally getting a new old couch! We made a big production of getting Beanie and her husband and her niece over with their truck to pick the couch up, to only get laughed at when they saw the size of our hallway compared to the size of the couch. So that means Miranda and I are spending another week squeezing bums onto our single chair when we try to watch episodes of the office on my computer. This is the part where I would sigh and say, "the life of a college student..." only I don't fit into that category anymore.... so I just sigh.

Sunday I went to the singles ward for the first time here in Richmond. It was kinda far away but had more people than I thought it would. There is one person I know there from Utah State and all the rest are friends that I get to know for the next year. It was nice to talk to people outside the hospital.

Illuminated by the glow of my computer in the dark, a box elder bug just flew at my face which is not helping my insomnia because now my heart is beating furiously and I am searching my bed to find out where it landed....

1 comment: