Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh Happy Day

Today is the first day that I have taken a jog since I hurt my knee on April 12th 2008. It was amazing. I think I only ran about 3/4 of a mile and I limp-ran but it was still awesome. It has been two hours since then and my knee isn't hurting too much so we will see how it goes in the morning.

Today I did my first diet education to patients in the hospital. One was on a Coumadin diet and the other on diabetic diet. My preceptor thought I did a great job even though I kinda rushed through it. It was kind of fun to do it but frustrating when the patients are too out of it to comprehend or just don't care.

This is the second day in a row that the lunch cashier has made me put something back because I went over my spending limit for lunch. It is a little embarrassing when all the people in line see that, yet I keep trying to see how much food I can take from the hospital since I am working for free. I have no shame...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I also do that. When there's free food, you've got to stock up for later. :)

    Good luck with your knee. I'm wondering when I should start running again. I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you rush through it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Virginia. I loved running on the beach and along the side of the road next to rich vegitated terrain. Do you have any pictures of the area that you could post?

    ReplyDelete