Sunday, February 8, 2009

Page Me

My pager is a blessed present I got once I started at the hospital. At first it was just cool to have it because I look official with it on my hip and because...well who really has pagers anymore? But now I am starting to see the beauty of it.

The number one job of my pager is to figure out when the other interns are going to lunch. And I believe it holds that importance for them as well.

The second reason is to send random pages to my roommate about how frustrated I am with my job that day. And getting the random response back that makes me laugh and usually makes me feel better for about half an hour until I get a new page.

Occasionally we will use our pagers for the real purpose. Communicating with doctors or dietitians or nurses about important patient stuff...but not often does this happen.

And the last reason I like my pager... because on Valentines Day I can give people candy hearts that say "page me" and almost really mean it...

No comments:

Post a Comment