Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Why I Don't Go To Walmart...

So it seems like Virginia has been a series of unfortunate accidents for me since I got here...yet very comical as well. I have broken down and gone to Walmart about 5 times in the past week to get cheap junk for my new apartment...oh wait, I forgot to mention I found an apartment. More on that later. Anywhoooo, I was wandering around Walmart late at night while waiting for Miranda to pick out a rug and I spotted an ironing board which I actually did need so I tried to pull it out of the display. Right as a Walmart employee rounded the corner, I pulled the ironing board off and the whole display of about 20 ironing boards fell on me, and ripped open the package of forty hangers I was carrying and made a big mess everywhere. I really didn't want to help clean it up because it was wayyy past my bedtime (about 9:07 pm) which I didn't have to because all the employees were just so concerned I was hurt they didn't want me to do anything.

That's really the only interesting thing that has happened to me lately but Amanda has requested some more information so I am going to honor it since only her and my mom read this blog probably.

Of course she wanted to know about the inauguration. Well, watch CNN and then drive in really horrible freeway traffic and that is about the experience that I had with it. A lot of people had to stay in Richmond and commute so the roads were a little blocked up. But on a more positive note, now that its over I can go visit DC soon since they will be opening up roads into the city.

The internship is going well but nothing really exciting has been happening. We finished orientation yesterday and I officially started today but really I just followed my dietitian preceptor around and visited one patient with her. I will be with her for five weeks for my medicine rotation. I will just shadow for a few days then will slowly be let on my own to see patients and do a full diet work up. Most of the girls were nervous for today but I wasn't which was good because it is really easy so far and everyone is helpful and nice. I think the Utah State professors scared us a little too much.

More about my new apartment later...

4 comments:

  1. Ugh...Walmart. It seems like I drop something at that store, every time I go. I know your pain.

    I am so excited for you! I am glad you weren't nervous. I bet you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look! someone besides your mom and I read this blog! I miss late night walmart/grocery store runs with you.

    also... I think I'm going to work at rib city. i caved. also, I went to the dentist today for the last time on parents' insurance. no cavities. also, i held jonathan's brother's (joseph and jane) new baby tonight and I want one. but they're expensive. end of my boring update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I read this once in a while. You really should update it. I hope all is going well. I hope you're coming to Utah soon. It was great to see you last time you were here. Take care & keep :-)!!!

    ReplyDelete