Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hey Ya'll!

A lot has happened since I have moved to Richmond...way too much to write in a blog post. So I am going to give you the executive summary as best as I can.

My Current Residence:
I am staying with a family here in the suburbs of Richmond by a way random connection through my new roommate's friend's mom's friend.......... They are probably the nicest people I have ever met. And the craziest. Since I have gotten here it has been pretty much a constant party. There are always people coming to visit, coming to say hi to us, and constant talking and conversation. It is like living in a sorority house, except I don't have to pay dues, and our chapter mom is a real mom and now my new "mom" of Virginia named Beanie. I have searched for an apartment all weekend with my roommate Miranda, but we have had no success. To Be Continued...

My Roommate:
This is my new roommate Miranda. She is from Kentucky.



The Accent
Yes people, I was wrong when I told you I was moving to the east coast. Nope, I moved to the south, okay. It's too bad you can't tell from my blog but I am already picking up a sweet hybrid accent comprised of Utah, Virginia, Kentucky, and a little bit of Australian (thanks to my new GPS "Bruce"...)

An Unfortunate Incident:

One day Beanie's niece wanted to drive me around Richmond and show me different areas of town. Every so often I would see for rent signs and jump out to get the number. After writing down a number I was intently looking at my list while I walked back to the car. As soon as I opened the door I realized it wasn't the right car when the whole inside panel fell off the door. No one was in the car but I couldnt get the panel back on which made it so the door wouldn't shut...so I ran. And yes people were watching.

The Food:
Tonight I ate a dinner at the baptist church. We had black eyed peas, collard greens, stewed tomatoes, and salisbury steak with onions. Furthermore, I have never heard the words chicken wings or chick-fil-a more in my life than I have this week. People like their food here, and I am still getting used to it. Also, Cafe Rio has not made it out here so I am thinking about starting a franchise.

The Internship:
Today was the first day so there really isn't much to say except I passed my drug test (yay!) and we are in the heart of dowtown on the 17th floor so the view is amazing. It is a really old hospital that looks like it should be in a horror movie but a lot of things in Richmond are old...and charming.

First Day of Work:
Good-bye missionary uniform!

Miss you All!

5 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you passed your drug test. I was a little worried for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to your blog... it sounds like you have already had some fun adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sar. time for a new post. new apartment. fun with the mom. full-time work. presidential inaugeration. spill it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I don't know you, but Amanda linked to your blog and I found this post hilarious. I hope you don't mind if I continue reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I just feel stupid because I looked at your picture and I do actually know you. Ha. I'm still going to keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete