Sunday, January 25, 2009

My New Apartment

So the plan for this weekend was to clean my room and take pictures of my new apartment so everyone could see it finally but you all probably know me well enough to know that didn't happen. Sleep and other more fun things ranked higher on my list. Instead I will just give you a poetic description and you can pretend like it is in the olden days.

My apartment sits on a street called Park Avenue (sounds like monopoly right?). It is nice to finally have a street name after living on the grid in Utah. The street is quiet and lined with trees, one of the more calm streets in Richmond. Like most houses here it is old, and charming, and quaint...but old. The floors are wood, with arched entrances, and high ceilings. We have two fireplaces that we arent supposed to use, but they are fireplaces nonetheless. We have a neighbor downstairs who is in her late twenties and is very nice to us. Her cat named "Fats" comes to visit often, he looks like a small bear. We live in an area of town called, "the fan" because Richmond streets make a fan formation starting from downtown going out. This makes me get lost a lot... The fan is where most college students live and is supposedly full of youth and energy although I don't experience it much going to bed here at 9:30 usually. Driving down my streets I almost getting in accidents often because all the houses are beautiful and I see a knew interesting one that I had noticed before everytime I drive. It is a place that I am happy to call home for the next year.

And for those who wanted visuals, this is me and my roommate out for a night a couple of weeks ago with our two other intern friends Katie and Anna:




























Coming Soon: My experience at "The Byrd" and discovering a beautiful message...

Side Note to Michemily: It's okay you didn't recognize me because I didn't recognize you at first until Amanda reminded me so we will call it even. Keep reading!

1 comment: