Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Love it!

I had a kind of rotten past 24 hours and one of the major stresses that was included in this was the kitty cats (cough mine cough) keep going to the bathroom in my room minus the litter box. Part of the reason this keeps happening is because none of the doors in our apartment actually
close for various reasons, mine being that it does not have a knob. So I chipped off the paint that had cemented it on, took out the screws, took off all the hardware, and ran down to Pleasants, the neighborhood hardware store.

After telling the man that I need a door knob, and finding out there is more to it than just the knob, he so politely tells me that I am going to need tools to do it. Duh man! He doesn't know I have a pink tool set. But he also told me it wouldn't be easy and maybe I should ask someone (like a boy) to help me do it. Being the wonderfully pleasant but headstrong person that I am, I told him I was getting the door knob set and would install it and that was that. And 20 minutes later, this is what happened:





The video clip is a little sideways but you get the gist. It even has an old school key hole (shown above) and an old school key to lock and unlock it. Love it!

Thank you hardware store man for that little push. And eat that landlord who doesn't fix anything! I will be sending you the bill including parts and labor.

1 comment:

  1. I want you to ghostwrite my autobiography! Linda says way to go, hurrah for the power of pink!

    ReplyDelete