Thursday, August 27, 2009

Black Sheep Restaurant

So my friend Megan came to visit this last weekend and her friend James who is from Utah but served his mission in Richmond told us to go to this restaurant. Following me?

We went for Saturday brunch and it was the best place ever. Just sitting in there made me want to open my own restaurant. From the unique/random salt and pepper shakers to the artwork on the walls, everything was just so adorable! I also got a kick out of the chef's who kept walking out of the kitchen. They were young, very bearded looking hippies, with bandanas on their heads. I wanted to go back and check the kitchen out. Maybe next time I will ask, I almost always have a hairnet in my pocket these days.

Unfortunately I am not the best at remembering to take pictures so when I go back, and I will soon, I will snap some more. Here is what I got:




This is the delicious french toast that Megan got. I was told this was the best thing to get but as usual I chose the food with bacon and cheese. Salty vs sweet? Salty for sure! But anywho, this was huge slices of french bread french toast with hazelnut spread and a banana and homemade orange syrup. I ate some of hers, it was delicious.



When I requested my daily diet coke, the waitress offered me their alternative to diet cola, diet Cheerwine. I was pleasantly surprised to discover it came in a bottle, and that it is a product of the south and a local favorite. Here are some random facts about it from the ever trustworthy Wikipedia. "Cheerwine has a very sweet cherry flavor and an unusually high degree of carbonation compared with many other soft drinks. Cheerwine is available in most of the southeastern United States, from West Virginia south to Georgia, but is better known and has been a longtime favorite in the Carolinas and Virginia. The "Retro Cheerwine" variant is sold in glass bottles and is sweetened with cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup."



And lastly this is what I got. The sandwich is called "Ms E" I think. It had bacon, avacado, cheese, and some horseradish spread. It was spicey and delicious. It came with a side of corn pudding. I never had corn pudding until I moved to Virginia but I am hooked, it is weird looking and an ineresting combination but it is slightly sweet and gives the appearance of being healthy.

Miss you Megan! Thanks for coming. Anyone else coming to visit?

Sarbear

1 comment:

  1. That sounds soooo good! I really want to open a restaurant as well.

    ReplyDelete